Good to vote but not to lead? Why women in Karnataka are getting a raw deal

As parties neatly hem their candidate lists for the elections in Karnataka, they all seem to have missed one constituency: women voters.According to the Election Commission, the number of women voters has increased to 2.44 cr now, or about 49% of Karnataka’s 4.96 cr voters.

A 14-year-old case might hold the clue on how to bring Nirav Modi back from Hong Kong

The Modi government is studying a 14-year-old case to strengthen its justification for asking Hong Kong to arrest Nirav Modi, the billionaire jeweller wanted for fraud, and extradite him to India.

50 cr Indians to get social security cover in 10 years, over 3 phases

The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) has given its approval to the labour ministry proposal on universal social security cover for 500 million workers, including those in the farm sector, seeking to start the process of putting in place a more secure welfare net a year before the general election.The finance and labour ministries will work out the details of the scheme that will require nearly Rs 2 lakh crore when fully rolled out for the lower 40% of the country’s total workforce.The remaining 60% of the workforce is expected to make contributions out of their own pocket, either fully or part

AAI-managed 15 profit-making airports likely to be privatised

About 15 profitable airports, including the facilities at Chennai and Ahmedabad, could be put under private management in the first such privatisation initiative by the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) as part of the broader government move to enhance India’s aviation infrastructure.“The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has, by the end of last fiscal, about 15 profit-making airports and these would be the first to be put on the block,” a senior government official, who did not want to be named, told ET.

TCS is betting on its Business 4.0 strategy to push digital revenue to over $5 billion

India's largest IT services firm TCS is betting big on its 'Business 4.0' strategy to propel its revenues from new age-technologies like automation, cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) to over USD 5 billion this year.Speaking to PTI, TCS CEO and Managing Director Rajesh Gopinathan said Business 4.0 is thought leadership framework to help customers leverage digital technologies to address their growth and transformation agendas."There are many components to digital technologies, there is cloud, automation, analytics, IoT.